LBPEA Visayas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  LBPEA PublicationsLBPEA Publications  PORTAL VIEWPORTAL VIEW  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  
LBPEA
SFAL PF HF RELEASE
December 15
Latest topics
» LBPEA NEB ATTENDS APPRECIATIVE LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
LANDBANKERS’ EXPERIENCES OF YOLANDA Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 am by sonia

» HMO ENROLLMENT FOR 2018
LANDBANKERS’ EXPERIENCES OF YOLANDA Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am by sonia

» A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
LANDBANKERS’ EXPERIENCES OF YOLANDA Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia

A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
LANDBANKERS’ EXPERIENCES OF YOLANDA Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia
LANDBANKERS’ EXPERIENCES OF YOLANDA Sonia10

It has been two (2) years and six (6) months that this website was closed.  Many were disappointed with the closure but we have to keep up with the fast changing technology - facebook and twitter, among others.  

With the remaining one month and a half of my stint as Director for Visayas, I have been ruminative as to the manner of my “consummatum est” in LBPEA.  Thus  here I am re-opening the website pro hac vice for my grand exit. 

This is the medium where you first knew me and this is where I want to personally reach out to you to express my deepest and heartfelt “THANK YOU” for all the years that you trusted me. 

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
NEWS LINKS

LANDBANKERS’ EXPERIENCES OF YOLANDA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sonia
Admin

Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 2008-12-16

LANDBANKERS’ EXPERIENCES OF YOLANDA Empty
PostSubject: LANDBANKERS’ EXPERIENCES OF YOLANDA   LANDBANKERS’ EXPERIENCES OF YOLANDA Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:11 pm

One teller recounted the ordeal she went through with her family when her house was flooded. She and her husband tied ropes to their waists attached to each other and also to their kids. She said no matter what happens they are together. Good enough they were able to make it but their ordeal was to survive with only a pack of biscuit and small bottled water.

Our AOC Head in Tacloban had the most traumatic encounter with Yolanda. Before the typhoon, they were all inside the house together with his ailing parents and other relatives. When the flood came in slowly, they were able to go to the roof but when the flood reached so high engulfing the whole house they were washed by the current of the water. The water reached 20 feet high. He lost gripped of his father due the strong and revolving current. He said he was in the water for more than 2 hours battling for his life. He tried so hard to keep himself conscious in the swirling water despite the pain he felt when a tree hit his head. Immediately after Yolanda, his house was totally damaged and his father is missing until now while the dead body of his mother was found trapped in the debris of their house when the flood subsided.

Most families buried their dead relatives in their backyards. Until now still more bodies are being recovered while the clearing of the place is ongoing. It took so much time just to clear the areas and definitely much more years to rebuild Leyte.
Back to top Go down
https://lbpea.forumotion.net

Page 1 of 1