LBPEA Visayas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  LBPEA PublicationsLBPEA Publications  PORTAL VIEWPORTAL VIEW  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  
LBPEA
SFAL PF HF RELEASE
December 15
Latest topics
» LBPEA NEB ATTENDS APPRECIATIVE LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 am by sonia

» HMO ENROLLMENT FOR 2018
LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am by sonia

» A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia

A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia
LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Sonia10

It has been two (2) years and six (6) months that this website was closed.  Many were disappointed with the closure but we have to keep up with the fast changing technology - facebook and twitter, among others.  

With the remaining one month and a half of my stint as Director for Visayas, I have been ruminative as to the manner of my “consummatum est” in LBPEA.  Thus  here I am re-opening the website pro hac vice for my grand exit. 

This is the medium where you first knew me and this is where I want to personally reach out to you to express my deepest and heartfelt “THANK YOU” for all the years that you trusted me. 

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
NEWS LINKS

LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION

Go down 
+3
jclemente
BLITZ
sonia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sonia
Admin

Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 2008-12-16

LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Empty
PostSubject: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:53 pm

REPORT ON THE 3RD LBPEA ANNUAL NATIONAL CONVENTION
April 19-20, 2012
10th Floor LandBank Plaza

By Sonia D. Brotarlo-BOD Visayas

April 19, 2012
Opening Prayer/National Anthem was led by Ms. Weng Leones-SecGen

Introduction of Participants by Ms. Nanet Lati-VP External and Atong Wigan-Director for Northern Luzon

HMO Terms of Reference/Concerns was tackled by Mr. Dan Daa-Asst Treas. Proposals for clarification and uniform implementation of incremental charges of hospitals and change of a few hard-to-deal with coordinators will made in a memorandum by the NEB to the Medicard.

Report on the LBPEA Accomplishment for 2011 was given by Ms. Shirley Meera-VP Internal.

Director Domingo Diaz was generous enough to give his time for the assembly where a surprised Q&A portion was done although as previously arranged upon he will be there just to meet briefly the bankwide officers of LBPEA. He answered questions on the bank's realignment, 4Ps, SIP and increase on benefits. On benefits, he informed us that GCG has started its study on the pay plan since the recently approved pay plan was based on 2008 study while the new study will be based on the 2011 figures. According to Director Diaz, SIP is quite not possible at the moment since the bank is underman and continuous hiring is being done.

Stress Management Learning was conducted by Ms. Jojie Bayuga wherein the participants were given learnings on identifying and handling stress which included music therapy, aroma therapy, and tea therapy.

Atty. Mon Cervantes-Head HRMG, Atty. Joselito Vallada-Head PAD and AVP Voltaire Pablo-Head ERD came in the later part of the afternoon wherein lengthy Q&A session ended nearly 7pm. Atty. Mon gave the group a brief idea on the realignment since he told us that Mam Pico is personally going around to discuss this extensively on the field level. Issues on travelling were not thoroughly satisfied since policy guidelines have to be revisited. When asked about MIP3, he jokingly answered that he thought the 2nd tranche was already given. He was informed that what was given on February was just the 1st tranche. However since Mam Pico is still on travel, Atty. Mon said that they still have to ask clearance from her upon arrival. When asked about admonition and reprimand, he discussed lengthily on the disqualification of employees to receive MIP2 and MIP3 for both admonition and reprimand. On surprised leave, an employee may refused to go on leave but has to be reassigned to nearest unit for audit purposes.

April 20, 2012
Opening Prayer was led by Mr. Bong Dumasig-Auditor

A brief history and highlights of the major achievements of the present LBPEA with a recap on the 1st day activity was given by Ms. Sonia Brotaro-BOD Visayas.

Ms Fina Canonizado-CSS Sector Representative handled PFO issues and concerns. She reminded the assembly to submit APL application forms one month before anniversary date. There is no need for the payslip to be submitted. An application sent through fax is also accepted but the employee must confirm if the application was actually received and the name of PFO employee who receive the faxed form must be requested for follow-up purposes. She informed us that the system sharing between accounting payroll and PFO causes the offline of PF loan processing and releasing. This usually happens during inputting of payroll on the 1st week and last week of the month.

Agreements after CNA between LBPEA and Management for deliberation by the ADHOC Committee was discussed by Ms. Weng Leones-SecGen.

Atty. Martinez and Atty. Alcera of the MAAB Law Office were also invited to the Convention. Atty. Martinez gave update on the COLA Case with the Supreme Court. He informed us that on its October 12, 2011 Resolution the Supreme Court set aside its decision on July 25, 2011. It granted the motion for reconsideration of LandBank and to reinstate the petition. While on February 6, 2012 Resolution, the Supreme Court granted the intervention made by the two groups of intervenors.

Representatives from Conflict Resolution Group(CORE) Foundation, Inc. gave an overview of the various programs offered by the group like public seminars, mediation services, and consultancy services.

GCAA and External Alliance was presented by Ms. Nanet Lati-VP External.

An open forum was done wherein filling up of slate for the 2012 Election was agreed upon to be discussed on July as well as the issue on distribution of HMO remaining fund .

A Closing Prayer was led by Mr. Bong Dumasig-Auditor ended the activities on the last day of the Convention.

*The above report was based on my personal recollection of the activities which transpired during the two-day Convention. I invite the other officers who attended the convention to contribute and share your ideas should there be important issues which I may have inadvertently missed.

*I only arrived from Manila last night although not feeling well I made this report because few of our friends here are already impatient. Thank you for your indulgence!

Last edited by sonia on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:12 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://lbpea.forumotion.net
BLITZ

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2011-06-29

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Ms Sonia has quoted:
Quote :
When asked about admonition and reprimand, he discussed lengthily on the disqualification of employees to receive MIP2 and MIP3 for both admonition and reprimand

What is the stated basis of the disqualification? If we are to read the excerpts of EO 13 provided by LBPEA, it was indicated in essence that after the final resolution of the case (meaning, there is an administrative case filed earlier against an employee), In case of exoneration or penalty of reprimand, any withheld MIP during the pendency of the case shall be paid.

This provision of EO 13 is crystal-clear, if one is charged administratively and later on found to be liable only for a penalty of reprimand, as stated in the EO, to repeat, he is entitled to receive any withheld MIP during the pendency of the case. In other words, a penalty of reprimand warrants the granting of MIP benefits.

If this is the case, what is then the legal basis in saying that employees who were admonished and reprimanded are disqualified?

An intelligent and straighforward explanation on this is needed. Marami pong salamat sa LBPEA NEB.
Back to top Go down
BLITZ

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Moreover, it was also stated that: "On surprised leave, an employee may refused to go on leave but has to be reassigned to nearest unit for audit purposes".

Is this provision really legal and workable? For example, if a teller refuses to go on surprise leave, it was said that he has to be reassigned to a nearest unit for audit purposes. The questions that may arise are: 1) Does this provision embodied in the internal rules?; 2) If the teller will be reassigned, what will be the assigned tasks and duration?; 3) Is an audit will really be performed? by whom? FOAD?

On legality, does this mean to say that any leave benefits provided by laws, and rules of CSC are subject to revision/amendment by LBP? Could it be legally made considering that these matters are fixed by law which is the reason that they fall under the category of non-negotiable items under EO 180 or the Rules and regulation to Govern the Exercise of the right of Gov't. Employees to Self-Organization?
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Sir Blitz,
The argument you raised here was exactly the same argument raised by Atty. Semaj in his previous post in this website which was elevated to Atty. Joselito Vallada-Head Personnel Administration Department.

I made follow up yesterday-April 23 with Atty. Vallada on the issue and legal points raised on admonition and reprimand. In reply, he informed me that the matter will still have to be taken upon with Atty. Mon Cervantes.

Personally, I view this as an important legal issue which our management has to consider into or revisit its policy. But then our management has its hands full with the preparation and implementation of realignment in the bank some aspects of personnel concerns were temporarily set aside like the convening of Adhoc Committee for Items Agreed Upon for Discussion/Take up Outside CNA and also the issue raised by Atty. Semaj on the admonition and reprimand. Hence, we give allowance for possible delay on their action.

LBPEA will remind our management on this matter. Thank you!

Back to top Go down
jclemente

jclemente

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Thanks for the prompt report.

What about the Financial Statement? Wala bang nilabas na FS for the members see the status of the association's finances?
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Sir Blitz:
Actually the surprise leave was mentioned in the CNA, this CNA was thoroughly reviewed by the Civil Service Commission and comments were made on other provisions. There was no part on the CSC comment/recommendation prohibiting surprise leave as contained in their approval dated February 3, 2012 hence it presupposes that there is no violation of existing Rules and Regulation of the CSC in this respect. Please go over again the comment of CSC below.

LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Csc_cn11
LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Csc_cn12LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Csc_cn13
LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Csc_cn16
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:11 pm

For jclemente:
Your Sector Representatives and all the Regional Officers who attended the convention were provided with FS through email by Pres. Chua which you may request. I am still asking clearance from the NEB to post the FS in this website. Thank you!

Back to top Go down
BLITZ

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply Ms Sonia. Baka pwede ring ipost nyo yung letter reply ng CSC tungkol sa surprise leave para malaman ang stand nila sa issue. Puwede kasi na din nila nakita sa CNA yung specific na concern, unlike pag isingle out yung issue para sa opinion nila as to its legality. Salamat ulit
Back to top Go down
jclemente

jclemente

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 am

sonia wrote:
For jclemente:
Your Sector Representatives and all the Regional Officers who attended the convention were provided with FS through email by Pres. Chua which you may request. I am still asking clearance from the NEB to post the FS in this website. Thank you!

Thanks for the info mam. Isn't best to post it here for transparency? no offense to the representative that has access on this site, d naman lahat ng mga representatives e nagcacascade info downwards. sa FB nakapost ung Financial report ng 2008 and 2009, after that wala na.

According sa Article X section 5 letter G ng Constitution and By-Laws ng association "The national treasurer shall submit to the general membership and Executive Board semi-annual
financial reports within the first week preceding the last semester and
annual financial reports within ninety (90) days after the close of the
calendar year"

I dont see anything wrong in posting the FS here after most of the users who have access here are members of the association. Its just transparency. Un naman ang advocacy ng COLABEB party since the beginning of their term. D po ba?

Constitution and By-Laws ng association
AMENDED CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 pm

jclemente:
I agree with you on transparency. Transparency indeed is the primary objective why I maintained this website. The members are updated on the meetings and activities of LBPEA although initially this was purposely designed for Visayas area but the website gained an overwhelming popularity bankwide.

Coupled with its popularity is an enormous responsibility on my part of responding to the needs and concerns raised by the members even beyond Visayas Area. I am happy that Batman or Dan Daa-Asst. Treas shares in the task of responding to some queries. As much as possible, we are giving the best of what we can do on the issues/concerns being raised directly in the forum or made through private messages.

However, there are certain requests which I cannot satisfy immediately considering the persons involve and the document required to be produced. Like this FS, you mentioned that the 2008 and 2009 were presented to the members and posted in the FB. True, they were out to the members because they were internally audited. However, these 2010 and 2011 FS which you are asking and which I also asked to be posted are not yet allowed because they need to go through internal audit.

Maraming salamat po!

Back to top Go down
msangola

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-09-14

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:58 pm

puntahan mo na lang sa lbpea office kung gusto makita dyan ka lang naman din sa head office eh...
Back to top Go down
buttercup

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:25 pm

msangola lbpea officer ka nga..kg sumagot ka eh sigurado mo na meron sa ofis nyo..kakahiya ka sa grupo nyo ah
Back to top Go down
coffee light

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Dear Ma'm Sonia, this website is a big contribution to my daily and weekly activities in the office. . . speculations from other co-landbankers are being verified. . . your website adds peace of mind during the day in the countryside. . .I am glad learning lots of infos from your friends, co-officers maybe, at iba ay parang mga opposition ata. . . I shall be voting for you as my president for lbpea . . . . . sunny
Back to top Go down
msangola

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-09-14

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:20 am

ha ha ha di ba sinabi ni ms sonia meron na hawak mga reg representative kung meron sila ang head opis pa kaya....isip isip lang yan di na kailangan maging officer para malaman yan....
Back to top Go down
jclemente

jclemente

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:41 pm

sonia wrote:

However, these 2010 and 2011 FS which you are asking and which I also asked to be posted are not yet allowed because they need to go through internal audit.

Hi mam sonia, please correct me if i am wrong. The FS that u emailed to the sector heads and regional representatives are not yet audited?
I'm sorry but i just cant understand, why is it that the LBPEA officers already emailed the FS to the sector heads and representative and cant post it here? Is this means that if i'll ask a copy of it from the LBPEA office like msangola suggested and post it here it will not make it official?? Is this means that u don't have an audited FS yet? even for 2010?

msangola wrote:
puntahan mo na lang sa lbpea office kung gusto makita dyan ka lang naman din sa head office eh...

Thank you for the suggestion. While its true, that i can do that, its not just for me to see, its for the general membership. Isn't that transparency is the main advocacy of your party last 2008? And besides, the constitution clearly states that FS should be submitted not just to me, but to the general membership (semi-annual pa nga ung frequency e). But nwei, ok lang naman if d pa ready or d pa audited or for whatever reason e d pa final. Just say it... like "Ito ung fs, d pa final at di parin na audit.. at least kahit partial e nakasubmit to the general membership." teka lang... what do really constitute for "general membership ba?" pag meron lang nanghingi, ganun ba un? nagtatanong lang po...
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:03 pm

[quote="jclemente"]
sonia wrote:

However, these 2010 and 2011 FS which you are asking and which I also asked to be posted are not yet allowed because they need to go through internal audit.

Hi mam sonia, please correct me if i am wrong. The FS that u emailed to the sector heads and regional representatives are not yet audited?
I'm sorry but i just cant understand, why is it that the LBPEA officers already emailed the FS to the sector heads and representative and cant post it here? Is this means that if i'll ask a copy of it from the LBPEA office like msangola suggested and post it here it will not make it official?? Is this means that u don't have an audited FS yet? even for 2010?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jclemente:
It was Pres. Chua who emailed the FS to the sector reps. The FS he sent were not yet audited. The responsibility of preparing the FS is on the Treasurer.

It was I who set up the books of LPBEA from the start inorder to produce the 2008 and 2009 FS which were internally audited. I volunteered to prepare such because I find it insulting not to have any FS at all for LBPEA with transparency as my advocacy. I prepared monthly proofsheet with monthly FS on top from Jan 2008 to Dec 2009. I sacrificed my time and effort for free and I left my post for 1 week to be able to come up with the FS kasi nahihiya nga ako sa mga miembro.

As to the 2010 and 2011, I leave them to our Treasurer to do such because primarily it is his responsibility.

Back to top Go down
jclemente

jclemente

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:19 pm

[quote="sonia"]
jclemente wrote:
sonia wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jclemente:
It was Pres. Chua who emailed the FS to the sector reps. The FS he sent were not yet audited. The responsibility of preparing the FS is on the Treasurer.

It was I who set up the books of LPBEA from the start inorder to produce the 2008 and 2009 FS which were internally audited. I volunteered to prepare such because I find it insulting not to have any FS at all for LBPEA with transparency as my advocacy. I prepared monthly proofsheet with monthly FS on top from Jan 2008 to Dec 2009. I sacrificed my time and effort for free and I left my post for 1 week to be able to come up with the FS kasi nahihiya nga ako sa mga miembro.

As to the 2010 and 2011, I leave them to our Treasurer to do such because primarily it is his responsibility.

Thanks for the honestly mam sonia and i really commend your efforts. If we can only clone people like you it would be a lot better. Thanks much.

Asan pala ung treasurer and auditor?
Back to top Go down
bankereg8

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:52 pm

I hope this issue of FS be given importance by the responsible officers because it is ironic to think that we are requiring our clients – small cooperatives with 60 farmer-members, to submit monthly FS or at least at quarterly interval while LBPEA which is an organization of easily 4000 members- some of whom have highly trained mind in accounting and bookkeeping, cannot come up an audited FS for years now.

Sometime in the 2nd quarter of 2010 I attended EROP. During the presentation of LBPEA, Mr. Chua presented to us the FS of 2008. I can no longer remember now kung audited ba yun o hindi. I raised the question of why was the LBPEA not ready to present the 2009/2010 (interim) FS when they know they are going to face members of the association at the EROP. They have cited reasons which, to me, made sense at the time like the reason of the previous administration of LBPEA hindi gumawa ng official turn-over of the financial records, the reason that the officers are full-time employees themselves that they don’t have time to update the transactions of LBPEA thus cannot come up with updated FS. I’m sorry to say that, two years after, these are no longer valid reasons.
Back to top Go down
jclemente

jclemente

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:12 am

peeps, this is what i got as far as the FS is concern. I think the admin of the LBPEA account in FB post it. :-)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.371778052874010.98291.100001254544237&type=3

mam sonia, tanong ko lang po... ung 1.3M na short term loan? where was it used? and pd po malaman ung mga description ng mga disburstme? like professional services? or the various creditors? umuutang pala ung associations? It was post in a public site, i guess audited ito? Lam ko po na u are not the treasurer nor the auditor pero i trust u mam and i believe in your answers para lang po pd maliwanagan. :-) tnx tnx...
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:58 am

jclemente:
There's no need to clone me, there are other Landbankers who are as dedicated, responsible, and honest. The qualities you saw in me are already innate in every landbanker however others just left them dormant.

Regarding your query as to the P1.3M accounts payable. It was the amount of insurance premium owed to Insular Life for the life insurance taken by the previous LBPEA admin for the members. This was in the form of loan by the members from LBPEA which formed part of the accounts receivable. This loan was only recognized by the present LBPEA admin when Insular Life sent its billing statement because as we all know there were no documents left as to payables and receivables during the past LBPEA admin.

Maraming salamat po!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION   LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

LBPEA 3RD ANNUAL CONVENTION
Page 1 of 1