LBPEA Visayas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  LBPEA PublicationsLBPEA Publications  PORTAL VIEWPORTAL VIEW  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  
LBPEA
SFAL PF HF RELEASE
December 15
Latest topics
» LBPEA NEB ATTENDS APPRECIATIVE LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 am by sonia

» HMO ENROLLMENT FOR 2018
UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am by sonia

» A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia

A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia
UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Sonia10

It has been two (2) years and six (6) months that this website was closed.  Many were disappointed with the closure but we have to keep up with the fast changing technology - facebook and twitter, among others.  

With the remaining one month and a half of my stint as Director for Visayas, I have been ruminative as to the manner of my “consummatum est” in LBPEA.  Thus  here I am re-opening the website pro hac vice for my grand exit. 

This is the medium where you first knew me and this is where I want to personally reach out to you to express my deepest and heartfelt “THANK YOU” for all the years that you trusted me. 

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
NEWS LINKS

UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ylrem0821

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-09-07

UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT   UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Madam,
goodmorning po,
may we know the updates on salary increment.
thanks
Back to top Go down
semaj501

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT   UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Madam:

I hope that after the meeting of LBPEA officers on Sept. 23 and 24, the real score with regard to the pending Compensation Plan will be made known to us members who have long waited for its implementation.

In the meantime, while the proposal is under reveiew by DBM as explained by management, may I suggest for the posting of the proposed compensation plan in this site.

Thank you very much.

Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT   UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Actually, LBPEA requested for a copy of the proposed compensation plan on our letter last August 20, 2010 where we furnished the management with the collective petitions bankwide.

However, the reply of the management through AVP Voltaire Pablo P. Pablo, III and noted by FVP Ramon K. Cervantes was not responsive to our request.

Here is the reply:

Quote :

September 3, 2010

Dear Mr. Chua:

This is to acknowledge receipt of the collective petitions of LBPEA members dated August 20, 2010 requesting for the status of the new LBP Compensation Plan. Said petitions were referred to us by the President and CEO for appropriate action.

As discussed with you during our meeting with the then EVP, CSS in July 2010, our proposed LBP Pay Plan IV was submitted to Malacañang in December 2009 and February 2010, and the same was referred to DBM for evaluation and appropriate recommendation. During the said meeting, we showed you the Bank's various submissions as well as exchange of communications between LBP and DBM concerning our request.

To date, PAD is coordinating with the DBM units handling the evaluation of our pay plan as to its status. Please be assured that updates will be immediately relayed to LBPEA as soon as DBM provides us the necessary information.

Thank you.

Very truly yours,

This letter was received by LBPEA on September 9 hence it will still be taken up during our meeting this Thursday and Friday.

Rest assured that updates will be given in this site immediately after this issue will be tackled in our meeting.

Should you have reactions, comments, and suggestions which you wanted LBPEA NEB to know, please feel free to write.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
https://lbpea.forumotion.net
semaj501

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT   UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Correct me if I am wrong madam. Do you mean that LBPEA as of date is not formally informed as regards the details of the proposed compensation plan? Is the process in setting the monetary and non- monetary benefits left solely at the discretion of management without the involvement of LBPEA?

If this is the case, what then is the role of the union in respect to these concerns?

I have faith in the capabilities of the leaders that we have trusted to represent us, and I hope that I am not wrong on this respect!
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT   UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:06 am

It was specifically emphasized by a Civil Service Officer when a seminar on Civil Service Rules was conducted for the officers of LBPEA that an association of government employees could only negotiate on the non-economic aspects of our benefits.

Unlike private corporations governed by Labor Laws where collective bargaining on all aspects of employment is possible and are expressly provided in the CBA. If you go through our Collective Negotiation Agreement, there was no provision on salaries and other economic benefits.

Our economic benefits are proposed by LBPEA on a separate venue through a Committee. The committee is composed of LBPEA and the management where the benefits we proposed are defended/justified by LBPEA. Remember, all the windfall benefits we received from 2008 up to the present were all requested by LBPEA.

LBPEA's role as far as our salary is concerned is to demand from our management for the implementation of the compensation plan.

We are not governed by the Labor Laws but by the Civil Service Law. Under our charter which I quote hereunder, our compensation plan is subject to periodic review by the Board. The law does not expressly provides that our compensation plan is subject to collective bargaining.

Quote :

SECTION 10. Section 90 of the same Act is hereby amended to read as follows:

"Sec. 90. Personnel. — The Board of Directors shall provide for an organization and staff of officers and employees of the Bank and upon recommendation of the President of the Bank, appoint and fix their remunerations and other emoluments, and remove such officers and employees: provided, that the Board shall have exclusive and final authority to promote, transfer, assign or reassign personnel of the Bank, any provisions of existing law to the contrary notwithstanding.

"All positions in the Bank shall be governed by a compensation, position classification system and qualification standards approved by the Bank's Board of Directors based on a comprehensive job analysis and audit of actual duties and responsibilities. The compensation plan shall be comparable with the prevailing compensation plans in the private sector and shall be subject to periodic review by the Board no more than once every two (2) years without prejudice to yearly merit reviews or increases based on productivity and profitability. The Bank shall thereforee be exempt from existing laws, rules and regulations on compensation, position classification and qualification standards. It shall however endeavor to make its system conform as closely as possible with the principles under Republic Act No. 6758.

"The Bank officers and employees, including all members of the Board, shall not engage directly or indirectly in partisan activities or take part in any election except to vote.

"No officer or employee of the Bank subject to the Civil Service Law and Regulations shall be removed or suspended except for cause as provided by law."

Back to top Go down
semaj501

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT   UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:36 pm

I agree with you madam that public employees' union can only negotiate on non economic benefits. EO No. 180, “Rules and regulations that govern the exercise of the right of government employees to self-organize”, is specific on this, thus: Sec. 13. Terms and conditions of employment or improvements thereof, except those that are fixed by law, may be the subject of negotiations between duly recognized employees' organizations and appropriate gov't. authorities.

Given this provision, there is no doubt that government entities covered by Salary Standardization Laws (SSL) are proscribed from negotiating for salary increase because the salaries are fixed by law through the SSLs. In our case however, I am still pondering whether we are included in the prohibition. As you have pointed out, LBP’s amended charter vests to the BODs the authority to approve compensation subject to its periodic review no more than once every 2 years. BODs of the Bank prescribe salary levels. With these premises:
1. Are the compensation plans approved by the BODs considered as “terms and conditions that are fixed by law” as contemplated by EO No. 180, hence not subject to negotiations?
2. Who prepares the compensation plans of the Bank subject to review and approval of the BODs?

Also, it was mentioned that our economic benefits are proposed by the union on separate venue through a committee. It was likewise stated, which I concur, that it is through LBPEA’s defenses and justifications of its requests that we were able to receive windfall benefits from 2008 to date. It is my belief that these windfall benefits are “economic benefits” in nature. This adds to my confusion because if indeed the union cannot negotiate for economic benefits, why then that these windfall benefits were granted from the requests of LBPEA?

Maraming salamat!
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT   UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:02 pm

There were already three(3)Collective Negotiation Agreement forged between LANDBANK and LBPEA. In all these CNAs, there was never any provision on economic benefits as proscribed under the Civil Service Rule. You try to consult the Civil Service Commission since I cannot satisfy your inquiry on this aspect of the law. It was a top officer of CSC who conducted the seminar to the LBPEA officers in Manila and it was overly emphasized to us.

The benefits which lBPEA requested/proposed to the management were not part of the CNA...kung baga nanghihingi lang tayo para mabigyan. It was never a RIGHT which is demandable and enforceable simply because we do not have any signed agreement between our management and LBPEA on the economic aspects.
Back to top Go down
landbank

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT   UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Since the issue that I have raised in the previous post concerns the union as a whole (question no. 1), could it be possible that the same be formally referred by LBPEA to CSC considering that the former is the duly duly recognized representative of the members?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT   UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

UPDATE ON SALARY INCREMENT
Page 1 of 1