LBPEA Visayas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  LBPEA PublicationsLBPEA Publications  PORTAL VIEWPORTAL VIEW  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  
LBPEA
SFAL PF HF RELEASE
December 15
Latest topics
» LBPEA NEB ATTENDS APPRECIATIVE LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 am by sonia

» HMO ENROLLMENT FOR 2018
CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am by sonia

» A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia

A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia
CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Sonia10

It has been two (2) years and six (6) months that this website was closed.  Many were disappointed with the closure but we have to keep up with the fast changing technology - facebook and twitter, among others.  

With the remaining one month and a half of my stint as Director for Visayas, I have been ruminative as to the manner of my “consummatum est” in LBPEA.  Thus  here I am re-opening the website pro hac vice for my grand exit. 

This is the medium where you first knew me and this is where I want to personally reach out to you to express my deepest and heartfelt “THANK YOU” for all the years that you trusted me. 

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
NEWS LINKS

CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011

Go down 
+7
yellowlady
coffee light
butong
ordepa
uragon-C215
semaj501
sonia
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sonia
Admin

Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 2008-12-16

CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Empty
PostSubject: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Tue May 10, 2011 7:42 pm

juanpusong101 wrote:
Good Day to all LANDBANKERS....

Marami na pong suhestyon ang naibigay ng bawat isa sa atin sa kung anong dapat gawin ng LBPEA... gayun pa man hindi ho yata kaya ng iilan o isang LBPEA director lamang ang laban lalo na't ayon nga sa damdamin ng nakararami sa atin ay HINDI na natin maaasahan ang ating Pangulo (LBPEA),... pero meron pa hong isang paraan na sa tingin ko ay ni hindi pa naiparating dito.... mahirap man at medyo radikal o mapangahas pero baka sakaling mas epektibo at kapuna puna hindi lamang sa management natin kundi pati na rin sa Gobyernong PNOY... Baka po panahon nang MAG-AKLAS at ipadama na tayong mga LANDBANKERS lalo na ang RNF ay talagang Hirap na sa paghihintay ng Benepisyo dapat naman talaga ay ATIN... Subukan po natin ang sama-samang MASS LEAVE para i protesta ang mga hinaing natin... kahit isang araw lang po mga kasama, alam ko malaki ang implikasyon nito sa atin, sa management at sa Gobyernong Pnoy... Ito po ay suhuestyon lamang tulad din ng sa inyo...

For juanpusong101:

Thank you for your really brave suggestion!

Strike is quite drastic and under the law involves temporary stoppage of work which government workers are not allowed to engage in.  Peaceful assembly is more appropriate.

However since we still have other options to ventilate our demands like the publication of our resolution in the Inquirer or an OPEN LETTER to Pres. Noy, we will not yet resort to peaceful assembly.

Although there is a Supreme Court Decision EnBanc  which provides for a valid exercise of the constitutional right to engage in peaceful assembly to petition the government for redress of grievances. In the case of Jacinto vs Court of Appeals 124540 November 14, 1997 J. Panganiban EnBanc:

Had petitioners availed themselves of their free time -- recess, after classes, weekends or holidays -- to dramatize their grievances and to dialogue with the proper authorities within the bounds of law, no one -- not the DECS, the CSC or even this Court -- could have held them liable for the valid exercise of their constitutionally guaranteed rights.  As it was, the temporary stoppage of classes resulting from their activity necessarily disrupted public services, the very evil sought to be forestalled by the prohibition against strikes by government workers.  Their act by its nature was enjoined by the Civil Service law, rules and regulations, for which they must, therefore, be made answerable.

Government workers are not allowed to go on strike under the following laws and jurisprudence:

1. Executive Order 180[29] which provides guidelines for the exercise of the right of government workers to organize, for instance, implicitly endorsed an earlier CSC circular which “enjoins under pain of administrative sanctions, all government officers and employees from staging strikes, demonstrations, mass leaves, walkouts and other forms of mass action which will result in temporary stoppage or disruption of public service.”

2. It is also settled in jurisprudence that, in general, workers in the public sector do not enjoy the right to strike.  [Alliance of Government Workers vs. Minister of Labor and Employment]

3. As now provided under Sec. 4, Rule III of the Rules and Regulations to Govern the Exercise of the Right of Government Employees to Self-Organization, ‘[t]he terms and conditions of employment in the government, including any political subdivision or instrumentality thereof and government-owned and controlled corporations with original charters are governed by law and employees therein shall not strike for the purpose of securing changes [thereto].’”

4. Strike, as defined by law, means any temporary stoppage of work by the concerted action of employees as a result of an industrial or labor dispute. A labor dispute includes any controversy or matter concerning terms and conditions of employment; or the association or representation of persons in negotiating, fixing, maintaining, changing or arranging the terms and conditions of employment, regardless of whether the disputants stand in the proximate relation of employers and employees. With these premises, we now evaluate the circumstances of the instant petition.

Last edited by lbpeavisayas on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://lbpea.forumotion.net
semaj501

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Tue May 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Precisely Madam Sonia, employees of the public sector are prohibited from staging strike. The Supreme Court has held in SSS Employee Asso. v CA 175 SCRA 686 (July 28, 1989) that SSS employees, considering that they are embraced by the CSC, are covered by the prohibition against strikes. The legal basis is Sec. 14 of EO 180 otherwise known as the law "PROVIDING GUIDELINES FOR THE EXERCISE OF THE RIGHT TO ORGANIZE OF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES, CREATING A PUBLIC SECTOR LABOR-MANAGEMENT COUNCIL, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES", thus:

xxx Sec. 14. The Civil Service laws and rules governing concerted activities and strikes in the government service shall be observed, subject to any legislation that may be enacted by Congress. xxx

The CSC rules being referred to is Memorandum Circular No. 6, s. 1987 which states that “prior to the enactment by Congress of applicable laws concerning strike by government employees enjoins under pain of administrative sanctions, all government officers and employees from staging strikes, demonstrations, mass leaves, walk-outs and other forms of mass action which will result in temporary stoppage or disruption of public service.”

Because there is no legislation enacted by Congress of applicable laws concerning strikes in the governemnt sector, it follows that CSC MC No. 6 will stand.
Back to top Go down
semaj501

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Wed May 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Madami na ang naipost dito na suhestyon kung ano ang mga pwedeng gawin ng mga LBPEA members para maiparating ang hinaing sa mga kinauukulan. Pero wala pang official stand ang ating mga leaders sa puntong ito magpahanggang ngayon. Kung anu man ang kanilang balak na naaayon sa batas, dapat malaman natin para makalikom ng suporta sa mga nakakarami. Iba kasi ang dating kung yung planong gagawin ay suportado ng mga leaders at members. Ika nga, in unity, there is strengthThere are more that could be accomplished when we work as a group with a common goal than if we do it individually. Time is of the essence and decisions should be made now!
Back to top Go down
uragon-C215

uragon-C215

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Wed May 11, 2011 1:54 pm

sang-ayon ako Atty. James, dapat sa ngayon ay may nabubuo ng plano ang ating samahan kung ano ang ating legal moves, be it wearing black armbands, black shirts or publication of open letter to inquirer...the LBPEA must act on it NOW and FAST!!!!
Back to top Go down
ordepa

ordepa

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 12:14 am

i hope ms sonia and the two misses VP and the rest of the lbpea neb; regional directors, governors & co-landbankers will take this up if nothing good will transpire by may 16 - 20:

1. Wearing of armbands next week
    2. publication of ms. sonia's "LANDBANKERS PAY HIKE DILEMMA" on May 21 Saturday;
    3. All RnF will conduct a a simultaneous peaceful assembly on that day (may 21) - venue will be at least in one branch per region; at Landbank Plaza for NCR complete with placards calling the attention of PNOY on our plight;
    4. All regional directors or governors per region should be present to explain to the invited media on our struggle:
    (radio, tv - of course each will be briefed to have a uniform explanation & replies to probable questions by the media)
    5. Plans and actions up to the end of May in anticipation if still no favorable action is in the making.

Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:39 pm

This is a compilation of views and comments on concerted actions at the height of our demand for the implementation of the interim pay plan. With the CPCS on the cloud, a DEJA VU is probable. Seeing the same collective mass action to happen again as it was 3 years ago but this time on a larger scale with the KAMAGGFI in the forefront.

Back to top Go down
butong

butong

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-01-09

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Your plans might actually work if we do it constantly. Doing it once will often go unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Butong wrote:
Your plans might actually work if we do it constantly. Doing it once will often go unnoticed.

Atty Butong,
Actually when we had our black protest in 2011 we did it for several months until our demand was approved and we were given an interim increase in salary.

Back to top Go down
coffee light

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:27 pm

Kailan po Madam mag umpisa ang ating CONCERTED EFFORTS? I agree for the black protest while working! GOD BLESS LBPEA!
Back to top Go down
yellowlady

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:38 am

OK NA PALA ANG MGA PLANO NINYO, D UMPISAHAN NA. GAWIN NATIN ANG NARARAPAT AT AYUN SA BATAS. HALIBAWA NG MGA SUMUSUNOD:
1.  PUBLICATION NG "OPEN LETTER TO PINOY" PARA MAGISING SI PINOY AT MALAMAN NA ANG MGA EMPLYEYADO NG NGA GFIs NA NAGBIBIGAY NG MALAKING DIVIDEND SA KABAN NG GOBYERNO AY KAILANGANG TOLONGAN DIN PARA MAS LALO PA ITONG GANAHANG MAGTRABAHO PARA SA GFIs na pinagtatrabahuhan nila.
2. LOBBYING SA MALACANGANG THRU THE RIGHT CONNECTION LIKE WHAT MADAM SONIA DID LAST 2011 TAPPING MADAM BALSY AQUINO-CRUZ IN THE APPROVAL OF THE INTEREM PAY INCREASE.
3. BLACK PROTEST EVERYDAY SA LBP BRANCH AT OFFICES.
4. PEACEFUL ASSEMBLY ON JAN. 20 (HOLIDAY) GCG OFFICE AND MALACANANG.
5. IF LBPEA NEB WILL NOT MOVE, THEN LET THE MEMBERS INITIATE.
6. TAP THE NATIONAL BROADCAST MEDIA I DISSEMINATING KAMAGGFI CONCERN
Back to top Go down
yellowlady

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:39 am

OK NA PALA ANG MGA PLANO NINYO, D UMPISAHAN NA. GAWIN NATIN ANG NARARAPAT AT AYUN SA BATAS. HALIBAWA NG MGA SUMUSUNOD:
1.  PUBLICATION NG "OPEN LETTER TO PINOY" PARA MAGISING SI PINOY AT MALAMAN NA ANG MGA EMPLYEYADO NG NGA GFIs NA NAGBIBIGAY NG MALAKING DIVIDEND SA KABAN NG GOBYERNO AY KAILANGANG TOLONGAN DIN PARA MAS LALO PA ITONG GANAHANG MAGTRABAHO PARA SA GFIs na pinagtatrabahuhan nila.
2. LOBBYING SA MALACANGANG THRU THE RIGHT CONNECTION LIKE WHAT MADAM SONIA DID LAST 2011 TAPPING MADAM BALSY AQUINO-CRUZ IN THE APPROVAL OF THE INTEREM PAY INCREASE.
3. BLACK PROTEST EVERYDAY SA LBP BRANCH AT OFFICES.
4. PEACEFUL ASSEMBLY ON JAN. 20 (HOLIDAY) GCG OFFICE AND MALACANANG.
5. IF LBPEA NEB WILL NOT MOVE, THEN LET THE MEMBERS INITIATE.
6. TAP THE NATIONAL BROADCAST MEDIA IN DISSEMINATING KAMAGGFI CONCERN
Back to top Go down
capariz

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Go Go  na yan, lahat ng mga maaring gawin, lahat ng maaring lapitan, ay gawin na ng LBPEA, Dami namang pera ang LBPEA ngayon, di nga lang natin alam if magkano ang total na nakolekta sa 3% ng CNA incentives. Kung papano ang mga steps na ginawa noon para ma-i implement ang IPP ay gawin din natin sa ngayon. Kaya naman yan ng mga officer sa ngayon kasi karamihan sa mga NEB ay mga officer din noong pinaglaban ang IPP di ba? okey ba Soap?
Back to top Go down
soap

soap

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:39 am

magaling Capariz... Go tayo jan... I second d motion yellowlady...
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:30 pm

The NEB will be wearing our black LBPEA tshirt on Friday during our meeting but there's no plan yet as to our concerted efforts because we still have deliberations tomorrow to arrive at a consensus.
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:59 pm

I was extremely happy with the result of the IPP but the downside on my part is that I am in a way blacklisted by one of the LandBank Directors.  

The newly elected NEB made courtesy call last January 2013 to each LBP Director and one of them asked us during the visit if the officer from Visayas won so we answered yes.  I told him it was I. Seeing from his face, it seemed he was unhappy that I won and he told us that writing article in the newspaper was not good for the image of the bank. He was referring to the IPP article which was quoted in the Inquirer.

It is the sacrifice we have to make by being LBPEA Officer, our career is on the backseat. But as long as I am still here in LBPEA I would continue to serve my fellow Visayans the best way I could.

Whatever decision the NEB would come up to push our collective demand for the implementation of our CPCS, I hope we will all give our support not only in words but more so in our action.

Salamat po sa suporta nyo sa LBPEA!
Back to top Go down
bob587

Registration date : 2011-11-26

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Maraming salamat ma'am and more power to you.We will support you all the way.God Bless.
Back to top Go down
mario sulit

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:47 pm

Iyon ba ang Director na palaging naglilibot?Parang turista,may ambisyon ata maging bank president.
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:49 pm

mario sulit wrote:
Iyon ba ang Director na palaging naglilibot?Parang turista,may ambisyon ata maging bank president.

No sir, it was not him. Im referring to one of the elders in the BOD.

Back to top Go down
ordepa

ordepa

Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:50 pm

lbpeavisayas wrote:
I was extremely happy with the result of the IPP but the downside on my part is that I am in a way blacklisted by one of the LandBank Directors.  

The newly elected NEB made courtesy call last January 2013 to each LBP Director and one of them asked us during the visit if the officer from Visayas won so we answered yes.  I told him it was I. Seeing from his face, it seemed he was unhappy that I won and he told us that writing article in the newspaper was not good for the image of the bank. He was referring to the IPP article which was quoted in the Inquirer.

It is the sacrifice we have to make by being LBPEA Officer, our career is on the backseat. But as long as I am still here in LBPEA I would continue to serve my fellow Visayans the best way I could.

Whatever decision the NEB would come up to push our collective demand for the implementation of our CPCS, I hope we will all give our support not only in words but more so in our action.

Salamat po sa suporta nyo sa LBPEA!

hi ms sonia...all landbankers knew that you are a strong woman, you are the one who is depicted in my avatar...

Go! go! go! 

God Bless us All and

God Bless you more ....
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:42 pm

ordepa wrote:

hi ms sonia...all landbankers knew that you are a strong woman, you are the one who is depicted in my avatar...

Go! go! go! 

God Bless us All and

God Bless you more ....

Ordepa, Im truly overwhelmed and honored by how you see me as shown in your avatar. I consider your gesture as a reward that I felt quite a relief from all the heartaches and headaches I have gone through in this website. Maraming salamat po for inspiring me!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011   CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

CONCERTED EFFORTS: THROWBACK ON IPP ACTION IN 2011
Page 1 of 1