Log inLog in  LBPEA PublicationsLBPEA Publications  PORTAL VIEWPORTAL VIEW  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  
2018-2022 LBPEA PRESIDENT IS NANETTE LATI
SFAL PF HF RELEASE
December 15
Latest topics
» LBPEA NEB ATTENDS APPRECIATIVE LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 am by sonia

» HMO ENROLLMENT FOR 2018
New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am by sonia

» A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia

A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia
New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Sonia10

It has been two (2) years and six (6) months that this website was closed.  Many were disappointed with the closure but we have to keep up with the fast changing technology - facebook and twitter, among others.  

With the remaining one month and a half of my stint as Director for Visayas, I have been ruminative as to the manner of my “consummatum est” in LBPEA.  Thus  here I am re-opening the website pro hac vice for my grand exit. 

This is the medium where you first knew me and this is where I want to personally reach out to you to express my deepest and heartfelt “THANK YOU” for all the years that you trusted me. 

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
NEWS LINKS

New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LupinIII

LupinIII

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-09

New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Empty
PostSubject: New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service   New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Bakit po yung nakalagay sa Tisot n relo for 25yrs in service e ang Roman Numeral para sa no. 4 e IIII hindi IV. Nagtatanong lang po.
Back to top Go down
bankereg8

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service   New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Tanong lang po..............
para sa 25 years in service ba yun o sa 20-years in service?
Back to top Go down
ganaby way

ganaby way

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service   New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 am

Tissot ba yan o Tisot, oo nga naman 20 years ba o 25 years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service   New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:01 am

for 20 years po yan. pag IIII - original. pag IV - made in china po yon Smile
Back to top Go down
ganaby way

ganaby way

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service   New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:34 am

Sonia Wrote:

Subject: Re: UPDATE ON GOLD WATCH Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:47 pm
For GRINGO:

Tissot watches use the roman numeral IIII for 4

Source: Wikipedia

"IIII" on clocks

A typical clock face with Roman numerals in Bad Salzdetfurth, Germany

The Shepherd gate clock with Roman numbers up to XXIII (and 0), in Greenwich Clock faces that are labeled using Roman numerals conventionally show IIII for four o'clock and IX for nine o'clock, using the subtractive principle in one case and not the other. There are many suggested explanations for this:

Many clocks use IIII because that was the tradition established by the earliest surviving clock, the Wells Cathedral clock built between 1386 and 1392. It used IIII because that was the typical method used to denote 4 in contemporary manuscripts (as iiij or iiii). That clock had an asymmetrical 24-hour dial and used Arabic numerals for a minute dial and a moon dial, so theories depending on a symmetrical 12-hour clock face do not apply.[22]

Perhaps IV was avoided because IV represented the Roman god Jupiter, whose Latin name, IVPPITER, begins with IV. This suggestion has been attributed to Isaac Asimov.[23]

Louis XIV, king of France, who preferred IIII over IV, ordered his clockmakers to produce clocks with IIII and not IV, and thus it has remained.[24]

Using standard numerals, two sets of figures would be similar and therefore confusable by children and others unused to reading clockfaces: IV and VI are similar, as are IX and XI. As the first pair are upside down on the face, an additional level of confusion would be introduced—a confusion avoided by using IIII to provide a clear distinction from VI.

The four-character form IIII creates a visual symmetry with the VIII on the other side, which the two-character IV would not.

Only the I symbol would be seen in the first four hours of the clock, the V symbol would only appear in the next four hours, and the X symbol only in the last four hours. This would add to the clock's radial symmetry.

http://support.tissot.ch/?mod_faq

Why is the 4 o'clock roman number of my watch represented with 4 sticks (IIII) when the correct number is IV?

The correct roman number is IV, but the IIII is also applicable and accepted.

Several explanations are possible as to the reason for this interpretation of the roman figure.

One thing is sure: it has been like this for more than 4 centuries. One reason is because half of the numbers are upside down, since they follow the edge of the clock face round.

You can get IV and VI muddled up when they are the right way up. It is even worse when they are upside down.

Another, historical reason, is that in the sixteenth and seventeenth century, most of the population could not read their own language let alone a foreign one. Time was displayed mainly on public monuments like churches, temples and towers. It was then easier for people to count four sticks rather than make mistakes reading a strange figure.

Finally, it could also be seen simply to come from a decorative point of view as the IIII balances well with the VIII opposite.
Back to top Go down
LupinIII

LupinIII

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service   New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:56 pm

salamat po sa info, it was a good explanation.
Back to top Go down
doods

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service   New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:11 pm

ser batman, ano na latest sa token for 15yrs in service. since 2010 hindi pa nabbigyan at wala din update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service   New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Tisot watch for 25yrs in service
Page 1 of 1