Log inLog in  LBPEA PublicationsLBPEA Publications  PORTAL VIEWPORTAL VIEW  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  
2018-2022 LBPEA PRESIDENT IS NANETTE LATI
SFAL PF HF RELEASE
December 15
Latest topics
» LBPEA NEB ATTENDS APPRECIATIVE LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 am by sonia

» HMO ENROLLMENT FOR 2018
ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am by sonia

» A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia

A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia
ON HMO AND TAB Sonia10

It has been two (2) years and six (6) months that this website was closed.  Many were disappointed with the closure but we have to keep up with the fast changing technology - facebook and twitter, among others.  

With the remaining one month and a half of my stint as Director for Visayas, I have been ruminative as to the manner of my “consummatum est” in LBPEA.  Thus  here I am re-opening the website pro hac vice for my grand exit. 

This is the medium where you first knew me and this is where I want to personally reach out to you to express my deepest and heartfelt “THANK YOU” for all the years that you trusted me. 

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
NEWS LINKS

ON HMO AND TAB

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BLITZ

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2011-06-29

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: Re: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 pm

I second the motion Terry. Maliwanag pa sa araw na di na attuned sa current time ang 13T na TAB. Plan 1000 sa MEDICARD, di kayang sagutin ng existing medical benefit natin, hanggang Plan 800 lang na P200 T ang annual coverage. Yung mga empleado ng call centers, San Miguel, and others, mas superior ang bigay. Pag may mangyari na adverse sa health natin (di naman sana), kulang na kulang ang P200T na coverage. Ito sana ang pagtuunan ng pansin!
Back to top Go down
BLITZ

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: Re: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:05 am

Another point tungkol po sa HMO natin, bakit sa application for 2012 nakalagay na "NO UPGRADING OF EXISTING PLAN"? Gusto ko sana na iupgrade yung plan ko dahil mababa na yung annual coverage. Ano po ang logical na rason dito, kasi pag mag upgrade, may corresponding increase naman sa premium to answer the increase in coverege at risk ng provider?
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 2008-12-16

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: Re: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:11 am

On HMO and TAB:

1. No upgrading of existing plan - this was part of the counterproposal by Medicard so as not to increase the premium rate per plan which was considered by the HMO Committee. Medicard presumed that once an employee opted to upgrade his plan the tendency is that the utilization would increase.

2. On increase in TAB - we were able to take this up with Mam Jojie Cabreza last December during our brief meeting. She informed us that they are planning to incorporate our health insurance benefit in our compensation package for recommendation to the GCG. She stated tentatively that a P1000 plan for each employee is being considered. So irregardless of fluctuation in premium rate, the employee will not be affected.

On ACA/PERA and profit sharing:
LBPEA will be making follow-up on our ACA/PERA with our management and a request for the profit sharing would be made. Updates will be given as soon as available.

On Annual Convention:
We will be informing all the Regional Governors and Vice-Governors on the dates and schedule of activities as soon as LBPEA will finish the planning preparation.

Thank you for your feedbacks and rest assured your concerns will be taken up during our meeting this Thursday and Friday. God bless us all!

Back to top Go down
https://lbpea.forumotion.net
batman_E289

batman_E289

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-10-28

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: Re: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:00 pm

in addition to what mam sonia said regarding HMO and TAB, I sat as a member of HMO Advisory Committee subsequently as the chairman for LBPEA HMO committee in the mid of Sept 2011 wherein the HMO terms of reference (TOR) was already finished and the selection process is about to start. this is my first time to be in this field and I have witnessed the difficulty to haggle and negotiate for lower premium rates but still we have managed to maintain our rates from 2010 - 2012 (please feel free to refer to your previous application forms to verify). Plan600 was the minimum plan for all r&f, QDs and EFMs to have our initial approach to mitigate the common problems about room & board availability. Mam sonia was right about the reason why is it upgrading of plan was not allowed. the upgrading of plan really attributes to the enormous increase of rates. not mentioning the actual report that shows the trend that most of the members who applied for upgrading last year knew that they have health problem resulting to increase in utilization which again can cause for a higher rates. and we believed that what we have negotiated is favorable to us (though, I know that we could not please everybody).

with regards to TAB, we think that it is much better to come up with different approach wherein we are going to have a Plan basis of medical benefit instead of P13K. it is much easier to have an approval of a plan basis/scheme rather than the proposal directly indicating an increase of TAB from P13K to P30K which is subjected for the approval of malacanang thru GCG. this are what we are going to accomplish for the year and hopefully to be implemented immediately.

your utmost patience and understanding is what I am asking.

thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
xanxan

xanxan

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-03-19

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: Re: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:31 pm

hmm so parang mag bibid na din ang landbank kung sino ang may murang rates ng package????

Back to top Go down
BLITZ

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: Re: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Salamat sa explanation regarding sa HMO concerns. However, I would like to present facts that may explain a justified increase on our TAB. If we are to look back, as Terry has pointed out earlier, that 13T TAB is allegedly prevailing ever since his entry with LBP 17 years ago. I cannot validate this statement. What I have is a data in 2003 which reflects a premium rate of P5,030.00 P3,980.00 for Plans 1000 and 500, respectively or a the total of P9,010.00 covering the principal (employee) and 1 dependent, may barya pa na P3,990.00.

Fast forward in 2012, yung Plan 1000 requires a premium of P16,596.00 for the same annual med benefit. Evidently, the TAB could not even cover the premium for this Plan.

We hope that this matter should be given preferential attention by LBPEA

Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: Re: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:42 pm

xanxan:
Ang selection process para makakuha tayo ng hmo ay talagang thru public bidding yan kasi kung hindi ito ay magiging violation ng Republic Act 9184 Procurement Law may criminal and administrative liabilities pag hindi po ito sinunod.

Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: Re: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 pm

For BLITZ:
We may have facts but we dont have the law which would favor our facts. We already presented those facts to our management and for sure they know very well those facts since both officers and ranks are entitled to the same amount of TAB.

The most crucial point we need to consider is "Who is going to approve our increase in TAB?". We heard our management especially Pres. Pico telling us that their hands are tied by the GCG. The most they gave us was a statement that they are trying to consider including a health insurance benefit of P1000 plan for each employee in the new compensation plan they will be proposing to the GCG. In this way, the TAB will no longer be a problem because any increase in the premium for plan P1000 will be shouldered by the bank.

However, if you have bright suggestion on how to go about this TAB please feel free to express your ideas.

Thank you and more power to you!

Last edited by sonia on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xanxan

xanxan

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-03-19

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:30 pm

oo nga eh..

yun lang kinakatakutan ko.. sana may control parin ang lbpea sa bidding.. pag wala.. lowest bidder wins..
Back to top Go down
sonia
Admin

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: Re: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:54 pm

may LBPEA representative lg po tayo sa hmo committee na may voting power pero walang power of control kasi the committee decides by majority

Back to top Go down
dreamface

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-29

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: Re: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:19 pm

re: increase on tab. yong proposal na i-incorporate ang hmo sa compensation package natin parang lugi ang may malaking pamilya dito kasi yong plan 1000 ay para sa empleyado lang. paano naman ang mga dependents natin? nag-tatanong lang po.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ON HMO AND TAB Empty
PostSubject: Re: ON HMO AND TAB   ON HMO AND TAB Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

ON HMO AND TAB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LBPEA Visayas :: NEWS ARCHIVE :: LBPEA NEWS :: UPDATE ON BENEFITS-
Jump to: