LBPEA Visayas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  LBPEA PublicationsLBPEA Publications  PORTAL VIEWPORTAL VIEW  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  
LBPEA
SFAL PF HF RELEASE
December 15
Latest topics
» LBPEA NEB ATTENDS APPRECIATIVE LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC) Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 am by sonia

» HMO ENROLLMENT FOR 2018
Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am by sonia

» A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC) Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia

A message from LBPEA Visayas Director SONIA D. BROTARLO
Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC) Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am by sonia
Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC) Sonia10

It has been two (2) years and six (6) months that this website was closed.  Many were disappointed with the closure but we have to keep up with the fast changing technology - facebook and twitter, among others.  

With the remaining one month and a half of my stint as Director for Visayas, I have been ruminative as to the manner of my “consummatum est” in LBPEA.  Thus  here I am re-opening the website pro hac vice for my grand exit. 

This is the medium where you first knew me and this is where I want to personally reach out to you to express my deepest and heartfelt “THANK YOU” for all the years that you trusted me. 

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
NEWS LINKS

Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
semaj501

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC) Empty
PostSubject: Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC)   Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:53 pm

BusinessWorld
Top Story

Posted on January 30, 2011 11:24:30 PM

Task force ready to submit GOCC pay guidelines

A TASK FORCE created to rationalize compensation at state-owned firms expects to submit its proposals just as a Palace-ordered suspension of bonuses, allowances and incentives expires.
Civil Service Commission (CSC) Chairman Francisco P. Duque III, a member of the Task Force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC), said a fresh extension of the ban was not needed.
The TFCC created by President Benigno S. C. Aquino III last year, had missed a Dec. 31 deadline and Malacañang subsequently extended the ban for another month to Jan. 31.
The task force is composed of representatives from the Office of the President, the Budget and Finance departments, and the CSC.
"We have recommendations already. We plan to submit the guidelines on Monday," Mr. Duque III said in a telephone interview during the weekend.
He declined to give details but said that the updated compensation packages would not discourage people from joining the government.
"There is a significant decrease [from what they are receiving now], but enough not to discourage those competent from the private sector," he said.
Mr. Aquino, in his first State of the Nation Address, criticized officials of government-owned and controlled corporations (GOCCs) for continuing to enjoy lavish perks despite the state being perennially short of revenues. -- A. M. G. Roa
Back to top Go down
uragon-C215

uragon-C215

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC)   Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:49 pm

semaj501 wrote:
BusinessWorld
Top Story

Posted on January 30, 2011 11:24:30 PM

Task force ready to submit GOCC pay guidelines
......"There is a significant decrease [from what they are receiving now], but enough not to discourage those competent from the private sector," he said......-- A. M. G. Roa

I ONLY HOPE THAT ONLY BODs WILL BE AFFECTED BY THIS!!!! scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
eissejocsab

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC)   Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC) Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:44 am

Top Story

Posted on February 01, 2011 12:10:01 AM

Perks for GOCC execs to be based on size, revenues

SIZE AND PROFITABILITY will be used to determine compensation at state-owned firms and board members can shortly expect to see their perks slashed, officials yesterday said.
The recommendation was made by a Palace-created task force as a suspension of bonuses, allowances and incentives at government financial institutions (GFIs) and government-owned and -controlled corporations (GOCCs) ended yesterday.
"The GOCCs were categorized from ‘small’ to ‘very large’ based on their assets and annual revenue takes. It means the larger the GOCC, the bigger the allowable per diem compensation for its officials," Budget Secretary Florencio B. Abad said.
The proposals, Mr. Abad said, include the "decreasing of allowable per diem" for GOCC board members and the grant of "reasonable performance-based incentives."
GFIs such as the Social Security System (SSS), Government Service Insurance System and Land Bank of the Philippines would be particularly affected, Civil Service Commission (CSC) Chairman Francisco T. Duque III said, but could still end up with the biggest incentive packages given their "huge assets and revenues".
The "very large" category, said Mr. Duque, involves GOCCs and GFIs with "more than P100 billion in assets and higher than P10 billion in revenues," while at the other end are entities with "less than P1 billion in assets and P100 million in revenues".
Based on Commission on Audit data, the SSS had assets of P272.6 billion and a net income of P16.21 billion while Landbank had P515.6 billion in assets and P6.81 billion in net income as of 2009.
"Basically we reduced the compensation packages but not to the levels where they (GOCC board members) will be discouraged to work for the government," said Mr. Duque, a member of the Task Force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC).
"I won’t like to preempt the president since the recommendations are with him now. It is up to him if he will approve it. Otherwise, he can give it back to us for revisions," he said as he declined to provide more details.
Finance Undersecretary Jeremias N. Paul, Jr., another TFCC member, said they would be meeting with GOCC boards "to work out performance contracts".
The TFCC previously missed a Dec. 31 deadline to submit its recommendations, prompting Malacañang to extend the ban on perks -- which was ordered last September -- for another month.
The task force, composed of representatives from the Office of the President, the Budget and Finance departments, and the CSC, is expected to expand its work to cover compensation at all GFI/GOCC organizational levels.
President Benigno S. C. Aquino III has criticized GOCC/GFI officials for enjoying substantial perks while the government struggled to balance its budget. -- from a report by P. P. Magtulis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC)   Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Task force on Corporate Compensation (TFCC)
Page 1 of 1